Workout ADD and accomplishing the impossible

It’s Tuesday! I haven’t done a pinterest post in a long time so I thought today would be perfect to go along with my tangents! It’s definitely a busy week for me so now is the perfect time to use all of those inspirational quotes and funny pins I’ve saved along with some other random tangents.

1) Elf4Health! Who else is in? I think it’s so great already!! Yesterday I went totally meatless, finishing off the day with cheese tortellini and fresh green beans that my mom had made for me to take back to school. Yep, she’s pretty awesome. I had mac and cheese to bring back too, but she put onions in it which made me really mad and totally ruined it. I gave that to my roommate. #roomiebonding? Anyways, if you’re not doing Elf4Health, you totally should for rounds 2 and 3! It’s so fun :)

2) Last night I locked myself IN my own car. Yes, in. Didn’t know it was possible until now. I parked outside of our townhouse and went to take the keys out of the ignition and they wouldn’t come out. I tried driving back out and back in again, still didn’t work. I was ready to call triple A. The first time I did that was this summer after locking my keys in my car and it’s not an experience I’d like to repeat, especially at 11:30pm. So I did what any normal person would do. I called my roommate. The first words out of her mouth were “did you put the car in park?” Well duh. Of course I did. But did I check to make sure one of the earbuds from my headphone wasn’t blocking it from fully clicking into the parked position? Uhh….. Needless to say, I walked into the house with my head down about 20 seconds later.

3) I know some schools have a “dead week” but we have a “hell week” right before finals. In the next week and a half, I have 3 ten page papers, one huge presentation worth 15% of my grade, and an exam. Then I have 3 finals the next week. I don’t know how I’ll get through it, but somehow I always do. Is anyone else feeling this way?

4) Yesterday I had TOTAL workout ADD. I went for a 6 mile run in the morning (broke my no-running streak, but I came up with a plan so I promise I’m not going over 25 miles this week). After that, I spent 30 minutes on the bike and then 30 minutes walking uphill on the treadmill followed by 7 minute abs. I can’t do the same thing for long periods of time (with the exception of running). I get so bored, even with trashy TV shows! I did learn a lot about weird fried foods thanks to Travel Channel.

5) And I couldn’t leave you without a little inspiration…or should I say pinspiration

That’s what going to get me through the next 16 days. Not counting or anything.

Have a wonderful Tuesday!

How do you get through hard weeks of school/work?

37 thoughts on “Workout ADD and accomplishing the impossible

You can do it, girl! The last few weeks of the semester were ALWAYS hell for me, too, so I know if I survived, you can too! Yummy food from home always helps! And if you need another care package, shoot me an email…there’s about to be a baking explosion in my kitchen starting tonight, so if I can ship them off to friends in need, I’d be happy to oblige :)

2. lifeasliv

Oh my school absolutely has hell week. It’s atrocious. I get through those hard weeks with a lot of help from my Keurig, long phone calls to my mom, and a really comfortable desk chair. Haha, I’m sorry you were (almost) locked in your car! I’ve definitely done that before and almost had a panic attack. I’m glad you figured it out. ;)

3. Hayley

I’ve never heard of Elf for Health! Ill check it out! Hahaha about your car – that’s hilarious. I do stuff like that all the time. I can’t even count how many times I’ve had to call AAA. Good luck with school!! It’ll be over before you know it.

Number 2, I have totally been there. More than once. Only worse because there was no earbud in the way, I had just shut off my car without putting it in park. It happens.

And I’m with you on Number 3 too. BLAH can’t wait for school to be over! You’ll get through it, can’t wait for Christmas break.

It really saddens me that you don’t have a dailymile so I can’t stalk you even more than usual with your runs LOL. Anyways, I always remember how god awful the week before finals was for me too. So many papers and health mostly just had those versus tests.

hahaha I’ve actually thought about making one! Seeing everyone’s tweets about their workouts sounds like a great way to find new workouts… I’ve just been lazy about it, but maybe I will in the next week or so :)

I definitely know what you mean with the workout ADD. I’ve been meaning to cut back my miles, but I just don’t want to! I figure if I’m happy and uninjured, I’m just going to go out and do whatever while I can. I’ll call it a “non-plan.” I’m sorry to hear about your hell week! Fortunately, I don’t have anything major due leading up to finals and my school gives us “Reading Days” (2 days without classes) before finals to study. I hope everything goes well for you!

It’s hard cutting back when you just love working out so much! It’s something I’m working on. We’ll see… We only have one day of reading period but I don’t usually use it the way it’s supposed to. Last year my friends and I went out for breakfast and watched movies all day I think haha oh well… at least it’s a way to relax a bit before it gets bad?

7. Allison @ Life's a Bowl

I totally have workout ADD too, unless I’m outside running, the worst is running on a treadmill… Every minute feels like 10. Thank goodness for mindless TV shows :P And as everyone else above has said, I hateddd the end of the semester. I am a big planner and getting things done before they’re due, but when it comes to writing term papers and studying for exams, cramming was my style. Good luck!!!

I know! I always run outside if I can. Today I was jumping between machines like no other!
      Planning definitely helps out, but cramming is how I get through each exam. It just sucks when I have to re-cram again for the final with things I learned (memorized) back in August!

For sure checking out the elf for health. And boy, you have a ton due right now! Seriously, I know people said college would be fun, but I don’t know if I signed up for all this stress ;) Well, at least it’s not as bad as some problems people face.

Don’t you love learning random facts from television? I’m pretty sure I’ve seen the same fried food episode :) Too bad our TVs in our apartments don’t get the travel or TLC channel. Bummer! But then again, I should be studying…

I always like to think everything happens for a reason and things do work out, whether we planned them that way or not.

Good luck! :)

9. Megan

Good luck with school this week!! I remember those days and do not miss them!! I have been procrastinating signing up for the GMAT because then I woul dhave to start studying and I don’t know if my brain coudl handle it any more..

I definitely have workout ADD! I can run for copious amounts of time, but I like the classes where you change up the exercise a lot, like Body Pump or weights. I can’t focus on a single thing for more than a few minutes :). I know some people who can stay on machines for an hour but not I…

Onions in macaroni and cheese? Nah that doesn’t sound too good.

11. allieksmith

Oh the tough weeks of school. Ugh. I’m in the zone right now too. The semester is almost over, but it picks up before it settles down. I try to give myself slack and remember that it’ll be over before I know it. And then I drink lots of coffee :-)

Gah I do not miss school right now. Although I know I have to finish soon, I am enjoying a break from the “hardness.” It will all be worth it in the end though right!? ;)

The week before finals was always my least favourite of the year — especially the one at Christmas time. The good news? If it’s the worst week of the year, only a very short while until it’s overrrrr!!
    Also, I’ve locked myself in my car too, and for the same reason. I felt like a total noob. haha. Good to know it’s happened to others!! ;)

That’s what I’m thinking… I’m glad I’m not the only dumb one haha but I agree I think Christmas finals are way worse than spring… probably because I care way more. At least it will all be over in a couple weeks until next year, when I’m a senior and I really don’t care!

14. Emily

I def signed up for the Elf thing today all because of your post!! :) Oh and just keep truckin’ through school and enjoy it (i know, crazy right), once you graduate it feels awkward and weird to not be pulling your hair out come December when the semester would normally be ending.

15. Raina

Just found your blog, and happy I did! I needed a good laugh :)
    Sorry about the car, but that was too funny. I’ve had trouble getting the key out too- and usually forget about the park part.
    I can remember the stress of papers and finals- so much to do and so little time. Glad you are able to get some endorphins. Christmas break will be here soon!