How well do you know me?

I’ve seen this Healthy Living Survey floating around and decided to try it out… I’m not entirely sure who’s blog I “took” it from, so if you have done it before, maybe it’s yours! This week has been really rough, mentally and physically (not enough sleep). So I’m going to use this as a little “filler” until I have more energy for you all tomorrow :)

On today’s agenda:

• Lifeguarding 6:45am-10 (somehow I have to make money to pay off the PV Body subscription I signed up for last night!)
  • Nails with one of my classmates- We have our winter formal on Sunday so I have to start pampering myself now… It will take that long for me to look presentable ;P
  • Lighted Boat Parade downtown! I look forward to this night all year long.
  • Looking at the lights on 34th St. in Hampden (apparently it’s famous)
  • Christmas movie marathon (beginning with Elf)

**All “today” questions are being answered for Friday – not today (I’m not getting up at 5am to write this)*

Healthy Living Survey:

1. What did you eat for breakfast?

Hot chocolate and an apple. I hate breakfast, unless it’s for dinner, maybe.

2. How much water do you drink a day?

120+ ounces (I carry my Sigg around like it’s my baby)

3. What is your current favorite workout?

By now you should all know the answer to this… RUNNING! But this week I’ve really gotten into power yoga and walking uphill!

4. How many calories do you eat a day?

It varies…and I don’t really count them anymore. Some days I might eat 1500-2000 (obviously not enough but I more than make up for it on other days), and others may be up to 3000. I’m not really sure at all. I’ve gotten much better about going based on how I feel.

5. What are your favorite healthy snacks?

I’m not a big snacker, but when I do, I snack on:

• Grapes
  • Rice Cakes
  • carrots
  • apples
  • pretzels
  • popcorn

6. What do you usually eat for lunch?

Either a grilled cheese with carrots or a deli chicken and lettuce sandwich with carrots

7. What is your favorite body part to strength train?

I actually can’t stand strength training, but I guess abs?

8. What is your least favorite body part to strength train?

Shoulders… I spent enough years as a swimmer having man shoulders!

9. What are your “bad” food cravings?

I’m a sugar addict, so I guess anything chocolate, ice cream, or cake related… but I also don’t restrict them. I have to maintain some balance!

58265388899342102_OoPA9hxT_c

10. Do you take vitamins or supplements?

I should, but I don’t… I’m a bad healthy living blogger haha

11. How often do you eat out?

I probably go somewhere nice every month or so, it used to be more but now I have a house to cook for myself in. I get takeout every other week or so though.

12. Do you eat fast food?

No. Unless Panera counts as fast food.

13. Who is your biggest supporter?

My mom. And all of you!!!

14. Do you have a gym membership?

Nope, somehow I still manage to pass for 17 at the gym so I pay $5 to get into my beloved Zumba class at home. I’ve been 17 for 4 years now…

15. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?

8-9. This week I’m a zombie cause I averaged around 6 I think.

16. Do you have a “cheat” day?

I don’t… If I want to have a slightly unhealthy day, I’ll do it. They’re not usually planned though. And since I’m not on a diet, it isn’t cheating.

17. Do you drink alcohol?

Nope, never tried it. I get this question a lot. Followed by, “why not?” Here’s the short answer: I’m a control freak and seeing drunk people scares me to death.

18. Do you have a workout buddy?

Well I have running buddies and zumba buddies but I usually fly solo.

19. What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to a Healthy Lifestyle?

I’ve become so much more open to trying new things. And coming from me, that’s a huge change. Like you don’t even know. My parents barely recognize me anymore.

20. What was the last healthy thing you did?

Had a little dark chocolate before bed… who said healthy living had to be veggies all the time? ;)

———–

Sorry for the lack of pictures… I promise you there will be plenty of them this weekend!

QUESTION:  Pick one of the 20 questions above and answer it!!

29 thoughts on “How well do you know me?

1. Emily

I like this survey a lot, I might need to use it! PS Drinking alcohol doesn’t necessarily mean being drunk, I drink a glass of wine almost every night! Only because I love wine, not for the alcohol ;)

Totally steal it, then I won’t feel so bad about taking It from someone else!
      And I know, it’s not only about the drunk part. I’m also not big on trying new things that I’ve never had had before and part of that would require me to branch out from my standard chocolate milk/water

2. LifeByLex

Gah! I wish I had more money in my checking account to pay for PvBody– Damn loans! Maybe I should wait till I get skinnier anyway! I agree with you on the alcohol– while I have had it I really don’t get the appeal of constantly drinking.. even like one drink… especially when everyone else isn’t drinking. Don’t get it! Anyway, I love this post!

Thanks!! And I don’t get it either, although I’m still in college so everyone around me is drinking and I’m not, but I’m not one to cave into peer pressure #sorrynotsorry

Thank you for giving me another survey idea!! I hope lifeguarding went okay…it’s all money, right?! And totally worth it for that subscription. I don’t count Panera as fast food. No way it’s anywhere near the same category as McDonald’s.

Lifeguarding isn’t bad… An excuse to sit and read a book while getting paid haha and panera is my favorite. I don’t like McDonald’s or other real fast food at all!

Ohhhhh, sooooo jealous of you signing up for pv body…I almost did last night, too, but I decided to hold off till early next year. I can’t wait to see what you get! And I don’t believe in cheat days! I think there’s room in every diet for everything you like…usually in moderation but not always…like chocolate or froyo…those are always welcome in large quantities ;)

Looks like you have a cool day planned, we have a boat parade here today but I skipped out as I don’t have anyone to go with :(. As far as snacks go, I like PB, almonds, apples, and my latest obsession is the little mini “Cuties” oranges, so delicious.

I love how you’ve been 17 for 4 years now according to the gym. I’m 27 and still can pass for a high schooler too!

Can you please move here so we both have someone to go with? All of those plans essentially fell through since my roommate decided to go away for the day and I was left with nobody to go with either!! Not happy about it. I look forward to that parade all year! I guess yoga will have to replace my perfect christmas night…

Cute survey! I’ve been having a little dark chocolate before bed too lately, totally healthy in my book. I love how you’re not too “obsessed” about eating healthy, ice cream and chocolate? Sorry but you have to sometimes it’s just so good!

Healthy living definitely doesn’t mean eating veggies 100% of the time. In fact, things like chocolate, cookies, and ice cream HAVE to be part of a healthy diet, in my opinion :D And I think you might just be the first person I’ve come across in a while that hates breakfast – that’s seriously my favorite meal of the day and I could eat it for… every meal of the day, especially if yogurt, cereal, fruit, and AB are involved :D

Ha, you’re not the first person who has said that. I’m just not hungry in the mornings! Some days if I wait long enough I’ll work up an appetite for pancakes or waffles, but usually I’m just not in the mood! I do like all the breakfast foods, just not at that time haha

Chocolate in bed? Amen, sistah!!! Seriously though, I LOVED reading this. I think that I would like for mine to be along similar lines (except with MUCH more emphasis on breakfast!! Breakfast addict! ;) ), not in the details, but balanced and happy overall. They’re pretty similar now as it is, now that I’m looking at it twice. Maybe I’m closer than I thought to where I hope to be … ;)
    This is fabulous. Keep rocking it — you’re a total inspiration. <3

Aw, I’m glad! I wish I had the stomach for breakfast… then I could officially call myself a “healthy liver” But nobody’s perfect, I guess :) Keep pushing through it and you’ll get there!!!

Ok here’s a few :)

Breakfast: homemade oatmeal pumpkin cinnamon rolls (more of brunch after my run) with walnuts, chobani yogurt and bananas!

Running will always be my favorite web though it hurts my body over time :(

I sometimes try to figure out calories but that’s generally an epic fail. So I stick to whole foods :) and a sweet

I hate lunch because it usually makes me sleepy but I love your idea of grilled cheese! P.s. Panera is fantastic! Apparently they have a new grown up grilled cheese which you should try! What do you usually get there??

I agree with your #18. Sometimes run with people or bike with my friends but gym time (paid for by school thank you much) ;) is all me. It’s my designated personal time.

Love these question things. You can learn so much about a person! Sometimes I just like to ask random questions :)

I always get the mac and cheese (I know… healthiest choice on the menu… hahahaha) but I LOVE it! I agree that surveys are the best way to get to know each other. So I plan on throwing them in every so often just in case people want to learn more :)

Love this survey. I cannot believe you aren’t a big breakfast fan. That’s just crazy to me dear!! Ha Ha, I find it so funny that they haven’t noticed that in the past 4 years, you’ve actually aged. What a win for you =).

This morning for breakfast I had pancakes with a sliced apple on top with cinnamon & maple syrup. So good!