It’s a beautiful day for some beautiful blends

Thank you to Megan for nominating me for another amazing award! We are literally the same person- I love talking to her and tweeting at her and hopefully soon running with her icon smile Its a beautiful day for some beautiful blends Go check out her blog! She’s pretty awesome (and beautiful)! Its a beautiful day for some beautiful blends

Thank the person who nominated you (check)

Tell 7 facts about yourself

Nominate 7 other bloggers

I’ve done a couple of these lately but I can always come up with some more fun facts!

1. I’m a sucker for a good chick flick, but only the funny ones. Think “Friends with Benefits”, “Crazy Stupid Love”, “How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days”. I don’t do sappy, like “The Notebook”. It just doesn’t do anything for me. Clearly I’m not a romantic haha
  2. When I was younger, I used to ski every weekend. Then swimming took over my entire life and I haven’t been in 4 years. That was supposed to be changing today. My dad’s taking the day off and we were going to go up to Sunday River to take advantage of the fresh powder! Unfortunately, a massive freezing rainstorm changed our plans so the skiing is no more. Ohhhhh well! There’s always New Years icon smile Its a beautiful day for some beautiful blends
  3. I love people watching. I swear I’m not super creepy or anything, but I genuinely enjoy going into the city to just observe all of the strange people around me. Sitting at an outdoor restaurant in Faneuil Hall (Boston) for lunch watching the people go by is one of my favorite things to do.
  4. I HATE being cold. I would rather have the temperature be 100 degrees than 50. I am shivering just thinking about it.
  5. That being said, I love New England and couldn’t imagine living anywhere else. It’s so hard for me to go to school in Baltimore, which I consider the South. I’m such a New England girl at heart. It’s my personality and it’s home to me. Cold and all.
  6. Shopping is miserable. I can’t stand going with my friends to the mall to just “browse”. I have to know what I’m going for and where I can get it. I hate changing rooms too. I never try on clothes (unless I have to) before I buy them. That’s probably why I have clothes from middle school. They still fit and I like them, so why change it? Running clothes are entirely different.
  7. I’m a super sensitive sleeper. It takes me hours to fall asleep and I can’t sleep without a fan. I don’t like it blowing on me, but it has to be making the sound. A noise machine doesn’t work, either. If there is any light or other noises while I’m trying to fall asleep, it just won’t happen. I have to turn my phone off at night so it doesn’t wake me up. But once I’m asleep, nothing will wake me up.

I was going to nominate people but I feel like all of my blends 1) are all beautiful or 2) have already been nominated (obviously… see#1)

So consider yourself nominated icon smile Its a beautiful day for some beautiful blends

Day 21- Do you travel on the holidays?

We usually spend the morning at home and every year the family that hosts the dinner rotates. This year we’re traveling… I think last year was at our house. I don’t mind, though. We’re early risers in my family. Presents will be done by 8, I’ll get my run in, and then we’ll head off to Portland for a late lunch/early dinner!

50 thoughts on “It’s a beautiful day for some beautiful blends

You’re welcome to have some of our snow, we got 6 inches overnight. Hopefully it makes for a slow Friday at work. I could definitely use a slow day. A HUGE DITTO to #3 and #6. However, I do have to try clothes there — it would DESTROY me to bring them home and find out I have to return them, and I am incapable of estimating whether or not an item will fit. Though, thinking about it, I really only do that with pants. Tops I don’t care about because I know my size. Shopping occurs very infrequently and usually at the grocery store check out (my recent lulu visit was TOTALLY an anomaly). As for people watching, lovelovelovelovelove it. And my job provides well for it, nothing like people watching in the lobby or cafeteria of a hospital during your break. SUPER interesting.
    Glad to know you wore sweats last night. Hope the movie was worth being a night owl for!!!

2. molly @ heart, sole & cereal

oh my gosh i HATE shopping just to browse, seriously. i don’t understand why people like it. if i need to buy something, i’ll buy it. if not, i’m not going to hang out at the mall. i’d rather hang out at a restaurant drinking wine and eating appetizers.

I’ll argue that Baltimore isn’t really the South, but Charleston is :). Still though, I understand what you’re saying about New England, as it’s a pretty different culture.

I love people watching. Honestly, that’s better than shopping at a mall for me. I went to the mall yesterday and browsed a bit, but only ended up buying oranges (our mall has a target with a food section). I love sitting in the food court and watching people though, that’s pretty fun!

Hope you get to go skiing soon!

Haha if I went to a mall with food stores I’d probably walk out with fruit instead of clothes too. That’s pretty much the only thing that gets me to the mall. I love grocery shopping, that’s an entirely different story. And Baltimore is so the South to me! It’s below the line so that qualifies haha I’d agree that it’s right on the edge though.

OMGGGGGG I hate the notebook too! Boy tried to be romantic one night and said we could cuddle while watching it…i laughed in his face…woops. Crazy, stupid love, however is def one of my favs (that fight near the end makes me die of laughter every time)…

Hahaha oh man that’s an awkward dating moment. I haven’t had one of those yet. But I love that part…Some of the romcoms I’ll literally watch 4 times without getting sick of them!

I’m not a fan of the notebook either. It’s weird, i’m a huge romantic, but when it comes to romantic movies.. NO THANK YOU!! Put in Step Brothers, The Hangover, any comedy & we are good to go =)

Aw, that really stinks that your skiing plans got changed! I know the weather has completely sucked this morning, no one would want to ski in anything like this. Thankfully you still have plenty of break left to get some skiing in!!

Awww, thanks girl! You’re beautiful too <3
      I can't get into bars yet (not 21 for another 3 months) but I'm sure it will be one of my new favorite ways to spend Saturday nights once I do ;)

I’m a huge people watcher – part of the reason why I frequent Starbucks so often. Uh oh…I’m definitely a fan of shopping to just browse. I suppose I can adjust and browse for running clothes with ya!

Hahaha I’ll shop at some stores, like Nordstrom. I just don’t like picking through things for hours. Maybe because I’m not good at finding the cute things. If you’re good at it though, we will make quite the team :)

I’m still trying to figure out how I feel about shopping… There are times where I absolutely can’t stand it and I end up avoiding the mall for months, but then there are times where all I want to do is go out and buy things. The one thing I always hate shopping for, though, is jeans. Ugh. A good pair works wonders, but finding it is a job and a half…

Oh god. Jeans. Don’t even get me started. That’s the #1 reason I don’t like shopping. Other than that, I’m kind of indifferent to it, although I don’t like to go and browse forever.

9. Alex @ therunwithin

we are the same person, I adore people watching. like almost too much. that is why the metro is so good. i don’t even need a book! I am such a sensitive sleeper as well. my body wakes up early no matter what even if I go to bed wicked late. shopping is not a big thing for me, I actually hate it.

Haha oh me too. I went to bed last night at like 1am because I was out with friends and then woke up at 7:30! I don’t know what’s wrong with me but once I get on a schedule, there’s no changing things.
      P.s- love that you said wicked in both of your comments today. You’re clearly taking in everything that New England has to offer ;)

10. Molly

During the spring and summer, I specifically go to eat lunch outside in Faneuil (usually Cheers or Anthem) to people watch! haha There are quite some characters wandering around :P

11. Hayley

I love chick flicks, but I totally all about the romantic ones too. I am definitely a romantic. I skied every weekend when I was younger too. One of the saddest days was when my parents told me we were selling our cabin. I used to have the hardest time falling asleep in college but for some reason since I moved out of my super loud college house/town, I am able to fall asleep in like 10 minutes after reading!

12. Allison @ Life's a Bowl

You my blend, are definitely beautiful and deserving of this award! I love learning more about y’all every day and cannot wait for you to come visit… HURRY UP time! Or we could just plan another fun blend date between now and then? Too much? I love people watching and chick flicks, hate the cold, yet love NE too :)

Totally agree with your movie selection. Also, I start getting mad about how no guys are like that in real life and my life will be lived out with a house full of dogs. Ok, maybe not true, but I just get upset in those movies. Haha is that weird?

Jeez, we are the same person. I adore people watching and could do it alllllll day. And I’d rather be hot than cold, although neither is fine by me. When I get cold, my toes and hands go numb and my fingers turn white and blue :(

Goodness girl, I can relate to every point. I can’t fall asleep unless I have a “white noise going” so at school that means my fan. At home it just sucks and I pray I go to bed right away. That’s why I like staying busy and exercising so I’ll be so exhausted I need to crash right away. And as for shopping, I can “browse” once in a while (try every 3 or so months) It tires me out! and I get cranky. I’m so much more of a fan of “shop with a purpose.” Let me in and let me do my business.

So, you are too cool that I had nominated you for this as well :) I wrote up a post last week but was lazy and didn’t get around to publishing it. Congrats girl!

Haha I love how similar we are! My hands turn white and blue too!! We’ll just have to live in a house full of dogs together. As long as I’ve got my blends, I’ll be okay ;)

14. noshingonasphalt

I have to tell you that I almost spit my drink out from laughing when you said you consider Baltimore the south! I live in MS. :) Loved reading all your answers! I’m not a good shopper either….Hello fellow Christmas procrastinator!

Hahaha it’s the south compared to good old NH! And Maryland just got moved to the southern region for track so we’ll be competing against Texas and other southern states instead of PA!

Me too! I usually pick it out before I even get there haha oh, and I buy the same models of jeans so I don’t have to go through the process of trying on 39392 million different brands/styles

15. allieksmith

Ahh.. people watching. One of my favorite pass times! I recently went to the Pittsburgh airport with my boyfriend with the sole purpose of watching people. It was really fun! We saw people saying goodbye, people meeting others, etc… it was so intriguing!

Also, I hate being cold as well. Big swim meets used to kill me! College pools are always freezing!

OOoooh pittsburgh is a fun place to people watch. Wide variety there haha
      At swim meets instead of warming up/down between events I’d go stand in the shower. And during the breaks I’d put on like 5 layers of jackets and sneakers and walk around the deck for 15 minutes to stay warm. I was an oddball :)

I don’t go to the gym very often (until now, with Zumba) but I can imagine that it would be pretty entertaining. Usually I’m the one being watched try to act coordinated with my lack of dance moves haha but no skiing? Ahh how have you lived for this long?!

Or gone to school in the Snow Belt region LOL. We were never allowed to ski/snowboard during swim season because of injuries…someone actually broke their arm. Then I realized, I just don’t care for the cold LOL

haha actually, I wasn’t supposed to either. I haven’t skied since college come to think of it. Now I’m going to rebel against my xc coach and do it anyways haha I’m the worst… I don’t listen to anything the poor man says

Totally with you on the shopping thing. I hate hate hate shopping for clothes (other than running clothes. I’d shop for those all day). Nothing ever fits right, nothing ever looks as good on me as it looked on the hanger, I can never find what I’m looking for, everything always costs more than I want it to…yeah. Shopping is not my friend.

17. Abby J

Oh my gosh I totally agree with you on the cold one.. yet I live in Minnesota. Rock on ;) I will take the humidity over freezing temps any day. Once it gets below 60 I want to cry.
    I’m the same with romantic comedies too. I think it’s because The Notebook and Titanic portray more serious and almost obsessive love, whereas romantic comedies feel more real-life.

I think that’s exactly what it is! It seems more relatable (or at least I’d like them to be…) so they’re more enjoyable to watch. This Christmas there are so many good ones out!

I always love learning more about you, beautiful! Here are some ways we are different (I know, they exist?!)….I hate the cold too but don’t consider myself a New England girl at heart. I gotta get outta here!! I mean I love a lot of things New England-like. Newport, Sperrys, Vineyard Vines, Lilly Pulitzer, sure. But being warm just means too much to me to plan to stay here. My cold hating = I have never gone skiing nor do I ever want to, hahha. And I LOOOVE shopping!
    So there, we aren’t the exact same person. But I did pack baby carrots to have as a snack today so there’s that.

Haha we can’t be exactlyyy the same but we can get pretty close ;) I love all of those New Englandy things you just named more than you know. Too bad my wallet doesn’t love them as much as I do. I don’t do well with the cold either but the hot chocolate between runs helps a bit :)
      Yay for baby carrots!