wind, rain, heat

Today is my 100th post for anyone who has been reading for awhile! It’s crazy how time flies! I’ve only been in the blog world for a little over two months now and I feel so connected to so many people. It’s amazing, really, it is!
So you all know what I do for running every week. I saw this little running survey on a blog (sorry, I forgot who I got it from! If anybody knows, PLEASE tell me so I can give them credit!) and decided to do it so it would be a little less boring than listing my mileage. I did take some out and add some of my own too.
In case you care, I ran 30 miles this week with my long run on Saturday. I took Monday, Tuesday, and Friday off and cross trained (elliptical, zumba, yoga) and ran the other days. So that was this week for those who are actually interested.
Running Fun Survey!
Races participated in: I can’t count all the track/xc meets… probably 12 total for them? Plus a 5K (Turkey Trot) and Half marathon, and a new years day 10K. Not nearly as many as I would have liked.
Races “raced” (of x amount above): All? I go all out when I race. I can’t help myself. That competitive nature kicks in.
DNFs: 0 (I’d like to keep it this way)
DNSs: I guess there was 2 xc meets and like 3-4 track meets that I didn’t race in because of my knees…
Distances (Since I just said I don’t know how many I’ve done, I’ll do my PR):
5K: 19:45
6K: 25:25
8K: 33:25
10K: 43:03 (hoping to beat this one this year!)
HM: 1:39
M: Not yet!
50K: I don’t know if I’ll ever do this one…
New to me distances: The half marathon was a new one.
States run in: Maryland, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania
Months run in: All!
Hottest race: The first xc meet of the year at Baltimore metro was 96 degrees. That was a fun one….
Coldest race: Probably the new years race. It was January 1st, after all.
Windiest race: Hmm… I don’t remember any wind.
Wettest race: We had a few xc meets in the pouring rain. Not a fan of those.
Races planned for 2013:
1) The color Run in DC and Boston! I’ve been dying to try this one and I’ve convinced some of my non-runner friends to join me (Fall/Spring 2013)
2) The Jamestown RI Half Marathon (July 2013)
3) The Run to Remember in Boston Half Marathon (May 2013)
4) Any July 4th race I can find
5) Ali’s Run in RI (June 2013)
6) New Years Race- Hangover Classic (January 2013)
What are your race plans?
Day 23- Plans for Christmas 2012
Christmas Eve we’re having our friends over for dinner and going to midnight mass (this is a new one) and Christmas day we’re driving up to Portland, ME to see our cousins! Busy busy icon smile wind, rain, heat

42 thoughts on “wind, rain, heat

1. Lindsay

Congrats on post #100! That’s a pretty cool survey. If I felt better about running right now, I would enthusiastically participate, but since my legs want nothing to do with me, I’m going to hold off… :) Enjoy the holidays with family!

This is actually my favorite survey to read on other blogs. I personally find not showing better then not finishing because you were smart about it. You can’t do permanent damage (I’m sure I’m alone with that LOL). If I fill this out (which maybe I’ll do it in vlog form) but I have at least 10 races I didn’t start I think.

Oh you should def do a vlog about it! And I agree- if I’m not feeling the race, I’m not going to start it. It’s better to give your body a break and for people like me, it would be impossible to quit in the middle of a race without feeling like I was giving up. Not running is just so much easier.

3. Abby J

Whoa, Sarah look at your times! I was proud of my 23 in a 5k haha ;)
    Good for you for being such an awesome runner and getting all that mileage, girl!
    Hope you have a great day!

Hey that’s still pretty awesome! I didn’t get these times until I started running in college! And my 5K time is on a track, I run a 21:50 on the road, so you’ll get there :)

I like this survey so I may steal it myself :). Your PRs are pretty amazing especially for a track because that’s so repetitive, it’s entirely mental! Congrats on 100 posts!

It’s only about $65 right now which isn’t bad as far as half go. I didn’t want to do it either because I thought it was upwards of $90 but I can handle this. You should run it with me!!

Fun stuff lady love!! Those are some impressive times :) Excited to see what you do this coming year! And Happy 100th post!!! That’s huge!! Here’s hoping for hundreds more :)

6. Pingback: smellingthehoneysuckle

Congrats on 100 posts!! Such an awesome accomplishment. Have a great Christmas! My family will actually be traveling too, out to the Cape to visit family staying there. It’s gonna be busy but fun!

The cape is awesome! We spend a lot of time in Chatham since my aunt has a house there. It’s such a cute place. I’ve never been at Christmastime though! Have a wonderful holiday :)

Woo 100 posts! Nice work :) I don’t know for sure, but you might have got this survey from Lindsay @ Running the Windy City, who got it from Kim @ Ilax Studio. At least, I know Lindsay’s blog was the first one where I saw it, and Lindsay got it from Kim (who I believe created it? I could be making that up, but I seem to remember that it was her original idea).

I’m jealous of all the races you have planned!! I’m doing the color run too! But ours will probably be a walk/experience :) I want another half marathon to add to my list though.

What’s the January “hangover run” about that sounds like a great way to start the year!

Congrats on your 100th post!

“Keep Calm and Carry On”

My color run will be a fun run for sure, I’m not racing that! I want to live up the colors :)
      The hangover classic is a race on new years day where they serve beer after. It’s supposed to help the hangover from new years eve I guess? Haha I don’t really know but it’s a huge race and it’s really fun!!

10. Pingback: Snowed In | pickyrunner