Today is my last full day at home. I have one more sleep in my dainty little twin daybed before I head back towards the big bad Baltimore.
I’ve been nominated for a few awards recently by some awesome bloggers… I haven’t been keeping track of who nominated me but here’s the two that I saw this week: Amy, Bethany, Abby, & Katie. These ladies are fabulous so go check them out. I think the award is making its rounds because I swear I don’t have that many friends… this is kind of crazy to me. But anyways, if I’m missing anyone, I’m so sorry!! I’ve been crazy busy getting ready to go and am starting to lose track of everything that’s going on!
Because I’ve already done this before, I’m just going to do the fun facts portion of it. My posts have been really serious and long lately and I’m ready to lighten the mood a bit with some random tidbits. Because who doesn’t like learning about other bloggers and pretend you’re real life friends? Oh, only me? Awkward… whatever. Here’s my 11 facts! Hopefully I can come up with some things you don’t know yet. I’m pretty transparent if you haven’t noticed
- I have some pretty sweet tickets to see the presidential inauguration in DC on Monday (Hill, if you’re reading this, here’s your 5 seconds of fame). I’m spending the day in the city with my friend who visited a few months ago and we have up-close reserved spots for the event rather than fighting the crowds with the rest of the mid-atlantic and beyond. Thank god for friends with internships in high places. And thank god for friends who enjoy restaurants as much as I do. Which brings me to my next point…
- I’m a total foodie even though I’m the pickiest eater ever. I love going to all of the restaurants that were featured on TV shows like Cupcake wars, Man vs. Food, diners drive ins and dives… anything. If it your show is on TV, I will come. Maybe Cait will teach me her ways
- I haven’t seen one of my friends in eight months because she was in China, and my other friend just left for Ireland for five months. They make up half of our “fab four freshman” swimmer group that we created freshman year and the four of us won’t be reunited again until senior year fall. Too bad they’re pretty much my only friends, too (kidding… kind of). The last time we were all together was sophomore year spring. Stupid study abroad requirement. My school is the only one in the country that requires every student to study abroad for a minimum of 3 weeks. Clearly I chose 3 weeks since I’m a homebody and a chem major. Two facts that make it difficult to go for much longer.
- I sprained my ankle a week before my high school state championships sophomore year in high school jumping up in the air to catch a volleyball during gym class. Ever since then, I’ve battled achilles tendonitis and weak ankles like it’s my job, and even had foot surgery because of it. That was also the end of my coordinated sports career. Some people just aren’t cut out for that stuff.
- My favorite part of living on my boat is hanging out in the dockhouse with the guys that work there, followed by dinner and reading a book while the sun sets every night and watching the yacht club races.
- People say I look like my mom. I don’t see the resemblance.
- When I was younger, I would only eat ice creams that were chocolate-based. Last year, all of a sudden I decided I refused to eat anything but vanilla based ice cream (unless it’s cake batter or chocolate marshmallow from Hodgies)
- I’m a workaholic. In the summer, my jobs at the beach and the country club total about 50 hours a week and I babysit for another 10-20 hours on weekend nights for summer families in Newport. I don’t need to work, but I don’t like having nothing to do, so I overcommit myself to the point of exhaustion (hence my crazy exercise schedule this vacation)
- I can’t listen to music when I run. Ever. Even watching tv is hard. I use both to judge how far I’ve gone and it makes the time pass so much more slowly. I’d much rather just take in the environment I’m in, and the time flies by. But on that note, I can (and do) sing every word to call me maybe every time I hear it. With dance moves.
- I was in a fashion show once in Jamaica. It was awkward. Also, my mom isn’t destined to be a photographer.
- As much as I love my family, I think I love them more from afar. I know, I’m a terrible daughter. I’m so used to living alone that even short vacations can feel long and I look forward to going back to school where I can follow my own schedule. That being said, there hasn’t been a time yet where the tears haven’t fallen when I say goodbye at the airport, even if I’m only gone for a couple of weeks.
Well, that was fun. And completely random. Can you tell I have summer on the mind? I’m not going to nominate anybody because I feel like everybody I know has already been nominated at least once, so just tell me some fun facts about you!
Have a great weekend!