It’s only four months…

Today is my last full day at home. I have one more sleep in my dainty little twin daybed before I head back towards the big bad Baltimore.

I’ve been nominated for a few awards recently by some awesome bloggers… I haven’t been keeping track of who nominated me but here’s the two that I saw this week: AmyBethany, Abby, & Katie. These ladies are fabulous so go check them out.  I think the award is making its rounds because I swear I don’t have that many friends… this is kind of crazy to me. But anyways, if I’m missing anyone, I’m so sorry!! I’ve been crazy busy getting ready to go and am starting to lose track of everything that’s going on!

Because I’ve already done this before, I’m just going to do the fun facts portion of it. My posts have been really serious and long lately and I’m ready to lighten the mood a bit with some random tidbits. Because who doesn’t like learning about other bloggers and pretend you’re real life friends? Oh, only me? Awkward… whatever. Here’s my 11 facts! Hopefully I can come up with some things you don’t know yet. I’m pretty transparent if you haven’t noticed

• I have some pretty sweet tickets to see the presidential inauguration in DC on Monday (Hill, if you’re reading this, here’s your 5 seconds of fame). I’m spending the day in the city with my friend who visited a few months ago and we have up-close reserved spots for the event rather than fighting the crowds with the rest of the mid-atlantic and beyond. Thank god for friends with internships in high places. And thank god for friends who enjoy restaurants as much as I do. Which brings me to my next point…
  • I’m a total foodie even though I’m the pickiest eater ever. I love going to all of the restaurants that were featured on TV shows like Cupcake wars, Man vs. Food, diners drive ins and dives… anything. If it your show is on TV, I will come. Maybe Cait will teach me her ways ;)

45535_1433408998331_2392611_n

• I haven’t seen one of my friends in eight months because she was in China, and my other friend just left for Ireland for five months. They make up half of our “fab four freshman” swimmer group that we created freshman year and the four of us won’t be reunited again until senior year fall. Too bad they’re pretty much my only friends, too (kidding… kind of). The last time we were all together was sophomore year spring. Stupid study abroad requirement. My school is the only one in the country that requires every student to study abroad for a minimum of 3 weeks. Clearly I chose 3 weeks since I’m a homebody and a chem major. Two facts that make it difficult to go for much longer.

533082_3009021947670_283605866_n

• I sprained my ankle a week before my high school state championships sophomore year in high school jumping up in the air to catch a volleyball during gym class. Ever since then, I’ve battled achilles tendonitis and weak ankles like it’s my job, and even had foot surgery because of it. That was also the end of my coordinated sports career. Some people just aren’t cut out for that stuff.
  • My favorite part of living on my boat is hanging out in the dockhouse with the guys that work there, followed by dinner and reading a book while the sun sets every night and watching the yacht club races.

268789_3654481323751_1123581758_n

• People say I look like my mom. I don’t see the resemblance.

556625_3075895659471_1243592885_n

• When I was younger, I would only eat ice creams that were chocolate-based. Last year, all of a sudden I decided I refused to eat anything but vanilla based ice cream (unless it’s cake batter or chocolate marshmallow from Hodgies)

309932_10151596082375162_213010630_n

• I’m a workaholic. In the summer, my jobs at the beach and the country club total about 50 hours a week and I babysit for another 10-20 hours on weekend nights for summer families in Newport. I don’t need to work, but I don’t like having nothing to do, so I overcommit myself to the point of exhaustion (hence my crazy exercise schedule this vacation)
I do have a pretty sweet job... paddleboarding at work

I do have a pretty sweet job… paddleboarding at work after a run on the beach. It’s really the life

• I can’t listen to music when I run. Ever. Even watching tv is hard. I use both to judge how far I’ve gone and it makes the time pass so much more slowly. I’d much rather just take in the environment I’m in, and the time flies by. But on that note, I can (and do) sing every word to call me maybe every time I hear it. With dance moves.
  • I was in a fashion show once in Jamaica. It was awkward. Also, my mom isn’t destined to be a photographer.

29409_1333390417929_5487508_n

• As much as I love my family, I think I love them more from afar. I know, I’m a terrible daughter. I’m so used to living alone that even short vacations can feel long and I look forward to going back to school where I can follow my own schedule. That being said, there hasn’t been a time yet where the tears haven’t fallen when I say goodbye at the airport, even if I’m only gone for a couple of weeks.

Well, that was fun. And completely random. Can you tell I have summer on the mind? I’m not going to nominate anybody because I feel like everybody I know has already been nominated at least once, so just tell me some fun facts about you!

Have a great weekend!

43 thoughts on “It’s only four months…

1. I love your new header (you did change it right? lol)
    2. Being able to just sit there and take in that sunset every day would make me love that job no matter what
    3. you do look like your mom.. but she is beautiful, so its’ a good thing
    4. I HATE running w/ music too :)

I like your answers! I always race with music and use it on the treadmill but outside, I usually don’t. If you run outside it’s fun to run without music anyway especially with a group, and if you run on a team and can’t listen to it in races I guess it’s a good point to just not listen to it much at all.

We have a ton of places here that were featured on TV. Going to eat at one tonight, hehe.

I run with music but I don’t race with music. Nothing beats some grimey rap music while running LOL. I cannot believe how fast this break was. It seems like just yesterday that we were in Baltimore. Wah.

That is so awesome you are going to the inauguration! Where are you going in DC to eat (I’m a foodie too! haha) That whole living on a boat thing sounds so awesome. I think it a good thing that you enjoy getting back. I do too. But like you the tears always fall. That means you love your family and will miss them!

Haha I’m not exactly sure yet. It will be somewhere in Georgetown probably. Serendipity wasn’t great last time so it won’t be there again but it’s going to be crowded so we won’t be able to be picky.

5. Ellie

I’m not much of a family girl either, but my family isn’t really one of those tight knit ones that live to get together either so it works. It makes the time I do spend with them more special!

Pssh nothing wrong with loving your family more from afar girl! I’m the same way to some extent…I think my biggest thing is that I’m too used to living on my own with own ways of doing things/schedule…I love seeing my family for a day but overnight stays are tricky for me…and I am sooooooo jealous you guys get to go to the Inauguration! How sweet is that?? A week from now we’ll be only a few hours from seeing each other!! Can’t wait :)

7. Sam @ Better With Sprinkles

I think the resemblance to your mom is in the forehead and the cheekbones. I can definitely see some similarities there.
    I can’t NOT listen to music while I run. Maybe for 10-15 minutes on the treadmill I’ll survive, but otherwise I need music otherwise I’m bored and counting the minutes until it’s over (although, I kind of do that while I run anyways…)
    I did the same thing with ice cream – for years, I would only eat chocolate, but now I much prefer a vanilla base. Chocolate chip cookie dough being the favourite :-p

I’m with Hollie — I love music when I’m training, but HATE it when I’m racing. And TOTALLY obsessed with Call Me Maybe. Still. haha. Maybe always will be. If so, that’s fine by me.
    It’s never been any wonder to me why you want to spend your “last summer” in RI. It seems super blissful and an excellent way to spend an amazing few months.
    People say the same thing about me and my Momma. And me and my Dad. But they look nothing alike. And the same is also said about my brothers and each of my parents. But really, I don’t think any of us look like we’re even related .. haha.
    Strangely enough, I don’t know that I’ve ever cried while leaving my parents, even for four months at a time. I’ve cried around them, sure, but never while leaving.
    I love it when you write these posts. Mostly because pretending to be your real life friend is one of my favourite pass times. ;)

1. allisonhayes91

Sorry :( It sucks. Plain and simple. I tried so hard to make the best of the situation, but I’m just running out of steam. I don’t know if I should just tough it out and save my money like crazy or keep my sanity and just ge a cheap apartment somewhere. Ughhh. Good luck!

I freaking love cupcake wars. love it, love it, love it. Haha ironically I always watch it on the treadmill, too. Which brings me to another point.. no music?? no tv?? You crazy girl! But I can see how it distracts you, too. Sometimes I feel like I’ve been running for 10 minutes or so and then I realize I’m not even through my first song haha.
    Honestly, I don’t see the resemblance either.. Maybe if she didn’t have sunglasses on? Yay for all your awards! And yay for the shout out :)
    Hope you have a fabulous Saturday Sarah!!

Haha a treadmill is a different story. It’s why I avoid running on it but I do watch tv if I have to. I still get bored or it makes me hyper aware of how tired I am. Not good when you have 10 miles on the agenda!

10. SoFitSoGreen

love the blog! it’s so interesting, I have been running (definitely not racing) for 3 years on a consistent basis. The few times I’ve forgotten to bring music or the ipod died I was TOTALLY lost. Maybe because my mind while running is more like “lala, look at the clouds” not, “LET’S DO THIS” haha.
    can’t wait to read more from a fellow runner!

11. Hayley

Love the fashion show pic haha I would be super awkward in one too! I can’t believe you only studied abroad because you HAD to. I wish I studied abroad for a full year instead of just a semester, but I can see how your major would prevent staying too long. I also think it is awesome you don’t listen to music or anything when you run. I definitely notice how much more running clears my mind when it’s just me and the road but I usually bring my iPod along.

1. Can we travel to all the food show places? 2. You have a hard life watching the sunset ;) can I switch for awhile and run and paddle board? 3. I’m on the same page with family love. I tend to get a little annoyed at the little things when I’m around too often, but realize how much they mean to me when I’m off on my own. It’s a tough balance indeed.

I could eat practically every type of ice cream. Except I don’t know how I feel about pistachio. My friends and I were saying what we would give up theoretically – candy, baked goods, ice cream. I could do without the first two but ice cream has so much potential!

Fun random fact: our family has a speed boat and every so often we go house boating and water skiing. The last time was 2011 to Lake Powell and boy I could go on for daaaaaays about those stories. Bad news bears ;)

“Keep Calm and Carry On”

This is why you need to live on the east coast. So we can go restaurant hopping and paddleboarding and bitch about our families together while talking about how much we miss them. Sound good?

Soooooo, I am. On the DL but its official starting in fall :)

Ps everyone tells me I look like and sound like my mom. Sometimes it drives me up the wall. Though I do love her.

13. allieksmith

I was in a fashion show once in Jamaica. It was awkward. Also, my mom isn’t destined to be a photographer.—> that made me laugh SO hard!!

Also, I can totally relate to loving people/family more from afar. I love being alone and having my own schedule, too!

Bahaha so much funny in this post. I love that picture of you eating ice cream by the GALLONS HAH! SO jealous of your food network adventures coming up! Have fun!

15. lifeasliv

I would absolutely die if I didn’t have music to listen to when I run. I totally admire you for not needing it though…it makes you that much more badass. :)