The sweetest Meghan nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. This is a new one that I haven’t seen around much yet! Hopefully the chain starts going around pretty soon!
This is where I share 7 random facts about me and then nominate 7 bloggers to do the same, but because I feel like I’m always sharing random facts about myself, I thought I’d use this as an opportunity to let you guys know what I’ve been up to since I got back to school (besides the cool stuff, like the inauguration).
1) Running. Yes, I’ve been running. Not as much as I’d like to. It’s really hard because my coach isn’t letting us go outside for more than 45 minutes plus 10 minutes warm up inside which means I’m not really able to do much more than 6 miles a day. This is frustrating since I worked so ridiculously hard to get those 50 mile weeks in towards the end, and I’m not about to let it get thrown out the window. So I’ve been heading out for some mileage in the mornings to try to squeeze them in. I might not be at 50 by Sunday, but I’ll be much closer to where I’m comfortable and that’s good enough for me.
2) I’m at a track meet today and I’m terrified. I have to run short events like the 4×800 and the mile. I am NOT a sprinter. I’m pretty sure my 800 split in the 5K is faster than it will be when I race it. I’ve also never run on an indoor track so that adds another whole dimension.
3) This is a not so happy one. I’ve been having a really rough time adjusting to being back to school. Food-wise and just mood-wise. I’m homesick. I have been since the moment I got to Baltimore on Sunday. Part of it is that I’ve been kind of lonely, since my roommate isn’t around much. She does her own thing and forgets to answer phone calls and texts, checking in about dinner plans, anything. She’s really busy with her life right now which is fine, but I’m not. And that makes it hard. My nutritionist suspected that coming back to school would throw a wrinkle in my new plans, and she was right. She always is. I’m really working to get back on track but I’m struggling in a big way. Not an ED relapse or anything, just struggling. I went to bed at 8:30 on Tuesday night and that helped a ton. I don’t do well when I don’t have a routine. I feel lost if I’m not busy. I can’t wait for classes to start.
4) I went to my internship on Wednesday morning and I LOVED it. I met with my boss, Matt, at 10am and after I met everyone who works for Inside Lacrosse (including the editor-in-chief!), we walked over to Panera for coffee and hot chocolate. We chatted about what I’ll be doing and the required paperwork for my school, and I’ll be starting in a couple of weeks! The coolest part? I may get to go on a few trips with them to other places like NY, Philly, even Denver, possibly, to help cover big events they put on in the spring. I’ll also be allowed on the sidelines for some of the big games AND be allowed in the press box at the national lacrosse championships in June!! That’s like my brother’s dream come true. #suckitloser
5) Made my 4th (or is it 5th?) trip to Stoney River this year with my distance girls (including Christine!) on Wednesday night and it was amazing. I wasn’t sure how I’d feel since I often am not comfortable eating around a lot of them but it actually went really well and I’m so glad I didn’t bail like I did on Tuesday night when they went to Cheesecake Factory. Christine tried steak for the first time ever (!) and we polished off the chocolate cake at the end like nobody’s business. The waitress was impressed. We did, admittedly, have some help from the other 5 people we were with, but we demolished most of it.
6) Half of my clothes are still in a pile on my floor. I’ve put away all of the clothes that go in drawers but for some reason, I HATE hanging up things. So the other half of my clothes are sitting next to my closet on the floor waiting for some magic fairy to come in and put them away. Unfortunately, I don’t think that will ever happen.
7) I’m heading to DC Saturday afternoon to hang out with three of my favorite blog friends and I couldn’t be more excited to meet up and run and eat burgers and milkshakes with them!! It’s going to be the perfect time to get out of town and enjoy my last weekend of freedom before track takes over my life for good… and it will tide me over for another month until our huge meetup in March! Hopefully this will take me out of this funk I’ve been in so I’m feeling refreshed for classes on Tuesday.
Wow. This was a long winded way to answer a blog award. So I’m going to do 7 nominations since I had 7 random facts…
Alex… the run within
Megan… running on java
Katelyn…california endless summer
Molly… heart sole & cereal
Chelsie… cupcake inclined
Christine… fearlessly running free
Happy Friday! What are your weekend plans?