In true Thursday fashion, it’s time for some Thinking Out Loud. No time for an intro today, last night was busy. Seems like the name of the game these days.
1) MY PARENTS COME DOWN TOMORROW. I can’t believe I haven’t seen them in a month. I can’t believe I’ve been here for almost a month. In some ways it feels like I’ve been back forever, but in others it feels like I just said goodbye to my family yesterday. Weird.
2) I don’t know what I’m more excited about- seeing my parents… or getting a bed. They obviously go hand in hand since my parents are bringing the bed with them, but I’m pretty sure I’m never going to want to get out of bed once I have it. The air mattress is cool and all…. but I’m ready to actually get a good night’s sleep for the first time in a month.
3) In ONE WEEK I am flying back to Jamestown for labor day weekend. As hard as it is to believe, I really haven’t thought about #boatlife a whole lot since I’ve been here. It probably comes up once every couple days. Coming from the girl who’s entire existence was based around living on a boat for 5 summers, that’s saying a lot. That being said, I can’t wait to be back. The dockboys keep snapchatting me telling me they miss me (okay, that’s an exaggeration but they do keep sending me pictures of my boat- I told them I needed them to keep an eye on it to make sure it was still floating when I got back).
4) Running has been good this week but I’m in need of a serious calf massage. I woke up Tuesday morning for my run and my calf felt really knotted again. I get worried when that happens because I’m afraid the compartment syndrome will come back. The problem is, my massage therapist has a very limited schedule and it doesn’t work well with my job. I’m trying to squeeze myself in for an appointment though because I know it’s important and I need to stay ahead of it. I’m not about to lose another 3-4 months of running over me being stupid.
5) This kid is going to college next week. Wait, what?
6) November Project left me insanely tired again yesterday. I usually fit in a decently long run (6ish miles) so it’s not just the stairs and I get a total body workout. Yesterday I ran home with two of my NP friends which was nice because I was distracted from thinking about how tired I was the entire 2 miles home. I think Thursdays are going to be a permanent rest day over here, save for a casual walk after work with my roommate.
7) Our third roommate moved in yesterday. I had met her once before but it’s definitely strange having 3 people living in our apartment instead of just two. I think it will be good, just different.
8) My friend and I went to watch a movie on the pier last night. I’ve been wanting to do it for a few weeks but never got around to it. It is so cool to sit by the docks with a huge projector. It’s too bad the summer is almost over because I’m pretty sure I’d go watch every week. We didn’t stay for long because I was too tired (the movie didn’t start until almost 9) but I love that it’s an option. City living is the best.
9) We went to Nacho Mama’s for lunch at work on Tuesday for a team lunch. I wasn’t hungry going in and the amount of food they brought us was insane. I ate a few chips before my sandwich came and when it finally did, I only finished about 1/4 of it. I was stuffed to the brim. I think I’m going to like these company events.
10) I have another busy weekend ahead of me. Between going out with a friend tonight, my parent’s coming tomorrow afternoon, working at the store Saturday, and spending time with my family again Sunday, it’s going to be a good one. Hopefully a little less crazy than the past few weekends have been so I can maybe feel a little more settled in my apartment, but life is pretty good right now so I can’t really complain.
Do you go out for lunches at work?
Do you find getting regular massages keeps you from getting injured?