1) I’m kind of over the whole introduction thing on posts. It’s probably the hardest part to write so I’m just going to ignore it and jump into thinking out loud. I skipped it last week and I haven’t been talking about everyday life as much lately, so it seems like a good time to talk about random things going on right now.
2) The title of this post (one week closer) is about the fact that I’ll be home in LESS THAN 3 WEEKS. I haven’t been home to my house in NH since early July, and even then it was only for a day. I haven’t been home for more than a week since last December. That’s a long time. I can’t wait to spend 8 days with my family in NH, in Boston, and in Rhode Island.
3) Tuesday night we had a Saucony tech session at the store. I love staff meetings. Except when they don’t start until 8pm. I love Charm City Run and I will say that 1000 times. We did get some free saucony shoes and cool pictures out of it though, so I guess it was worth the after 10pm bedtime. Also, in case you didn’t know, my managers are the coolest.
4) I’ve been home a lot more this week. A certain someone went out of town so I wasn’t booked nearly as much as I usually am after work. I had plenty of time to get my bike fixed, eat rainbow cake on my couch watching the season finale of Below Deck (while reminiscing about #boatlife), and get up at dark ‘o clock for spinning. I live on the edge.
5) BIKE PARTY is tomorrow! Thank goodness I got my bike fixed this week so the brakes work (gears still don’t even though they said they fixed them) because I can’t imagine a better way to spend Halloween than on a BIKE with my November Project friends and 1500 Baltimoreans. Last month Bike Party was pretty much the highlight of my month, so I have a feeling this will be even better, since it’s a holiday and all.
6) Speaking of bikes, as great as
mine my mom’s is for just getting around town, I’m wondering if it’s worth investing in a good one. Except I wouldn’t know where to begin searching for one that isn’t going to cost me 3 months salary. Thoughts?
7) November Project makes me happy. This week was PR day and because I’m still not running, I just watched. But I did do a couple sets of stairs and did squats to Sally with everyone else. I’m hoping that one of these days my legs decide to magically stop hurting so I can do Friday workouts again too.
8) Kind of a random topic (aren’t they all?) but I’m realizing that while I had all of these dumb rules for myself when I finally gave the whole relationship thing a shot, those went out the window the first month. I knew what bugged me about my friends’ relationships and I swore I would never be like that (I think I’m doing a decent job) but I also had all of these things I said I’d never do (spend more than 2 days a week with said person, etc)… that didn’t last long. Not a bad thing at all (I’m really happy) but I’m definitely eating my words now that I’m the one in the relationship and my friends remind me of when I used to say “I’ll never…”. This may make zero sense to anyone else, but it made sense it my head.
9) I haven’t been drinking enough water lately. I don’t have an excuse, really. We have a water cooler at work and I had a cute (albeit semi-defective) water bottle, but my water consumption drastically decreased after graduation last May. I blame a lot of this on said cute water bottle that only held 18 ounces compared to my previous Siggs, which were always 32 ounces. I found a happy medium and went with a 24oz CamelBak with the Charm City Run logo (told you I’m obsessed) and I’ve been drinking water up a storm ever since. I feel a huge difference in my body already.
I FINALLY made it to yoga. I don’t really have a good excuse. The studio is literally outside of my front door. I planned on going last night but it didn’t happen. I get out of work and I’m exhausted. I didn’t really do a workout at November Project yesterday morning, but I also realized I was borderline overdoing it on the exercise this week and my calf pain has been flaring up more than usual again. I’m sure that isn’t a coincidence, so I took the night off to lay on the couch. It was the right decision even though I debated it for quite awhile.
11) Tonight I’m going to a Floyo Fit class at Beach Body Baltimore with Lauren and BMoreToned! I’m really excited to see what they have in store for us since most people who have been reading for awhile know about my obsession with SUP
I need bike advice!
Do you keep track of how much water you drink a day?
Do you make time for yoga/stretching in your week?