Okay, so I’m not exactly in Boston yet, but I will be as of 10pm tonight. I have the craziest weekend planned and I can’t wait to report back on everything. Lots of blog things, blog meet ups, family time, interviews, and obviously food and workout classes. Basically all of my favorite things in my favorite city all rolled into 4 days.
Since I’m drowning in packing, lab reports, Tight Club with November Project, and getting my life together before I leave for a few days, I thought I’d take the opportunity to answer some questions from one of my new(ish) favorite bloggers, Will Run For Boston! I can’t wait to hang out with Lauren on Saturday and then watch her kill it in the marathon on Monday. Everyone should send her good luck!
- What is your favorite sport to watch on TV/in person? Gymnastics or swimming. I know swimming is the most boring sport ever to those who don’t have a history with it, but for someone like me who grew up with it as my primary identity for 15 years, I love it. And everyone loves gymnastics, so that’s a cop out answer. I could also say lacrosse, but I only like watching people I know, like my brother or my friends. Yesterday I went to the game that was dedicated to the player who died this week at my school and I teared up when they scored the first goal. It was such an uplifting game and they won 14-5.
- Pancakes, waffles or french toast? PANCAKES. And waffles. And french toast. But mostly pancakes if I’m at a restaurant or my dad is making them (aka the only two times I ever eat them). I’m way too lazy to make them on my own, but now I’m thinking that I know what I’ll be having for breakfast at least one day while I’m home…
- Do you have any interesting nicknames? Not really. I’m kind of boring. You can only make so many nicknames out of “Sarah” although some of my friends from track used to call me “SarPar” because our school usernames combine the first three letters of your first and last name.
- What is your biggest running related goal? I want to finish a marathon someday. I want to run Boston someday. I will run Boston someday. But first, I need to get/stay healthy, which is my primary focus right now. You can’t make it to the starting line if you’re injured.
- Do you run before or after work? I prefer running in the mornings. By the time I get home from school/work, I’m either starving or exhausted, usually both. I like to start my day doing something I love.
- What was your high school mascot? Blue Hawks, about as cliche as it gets.
- Have you ever lived in another country? I lived in Denmark a couple summers ago during my study abroad. I loved everything about that city, especially how active it was, and I wish it wasn’t so far away or else I’d live there. I was hoping to make it back this summer on my family’s trip to Europe but apparently it’s too far from Barcelona and Paris.
- How many alarms do you set in the morning? One. I’m a morning person. Once I’m up, I’m up. It hasn’t failed me yet…
- What are your top three pet peeves? My most recent one is when I’m having a conversation and people are on their cell phones. I’m hanging out with you for a reason. The second would probably be dishonesty. I tell it like it is, that’s how I am. Lastly, when people who are on their phones 24/7 don’t text you back. Don’t even try to pretend you “just saw the message.” I know how you are. Clearly communication is on my mind at the moment.
- How do you feel about the new “Girl Meets World” show? This just reminded me that I need to go watch the trailer for it so I can see what it’s going to be like!
I’m not going to nominate people because I don’t play by the rules of blogging, but go ahead and fill it out yourself or answer a question or four below! The next time we chat, I’ll be in New England