Happy Thursday! This week has been crazy at work and today and tomorrow are going to be even crazier. The beginning of the month is always a nightmare and when it falls on a weekend it’s like 4x the amount of work we normally have. Hence my blogging absence this week. I don’t have the energy to craft coherent posts. So, here’s some thinking out loud with lots of business matters to attend to.
1) It’s a miracle I haven’t face planted yet this winter. The other day I came really close walking out of 7-eleven but I reallyyyy didn’t want to lose my hot chocolate so I did an awkward running man type of move and only spilled a little on my jacket. Crisis averted.
2) I did my first interview on Monday. It was really nervewracking. Probably about as scary as when I was the one being interviewed. My boss came up to me 5 minutes before asking if I wanted to do it and then said “don’t talk too much.” He was being completely serious. I’m not a talker. At all. I was like “I don’t think that’s what you have to worry about. I hate talking.”
3) I’m finally feeling really comfortable at work. I don’t know what changed besides some promotions happening to other members on my team leaving me as one of two “senior traffickers.” I’m not a very vocal person if I don’t feel 100% comfortable with, so it’s kind of nice to finally let some of my sarcasm out. It only took 7 months to get to that point…
4) I don’t remember what it feels like to be warm. I need a vacation. Next winter I’m going somewhere tropical. I don’t care how much it costs me. I can’t take winter anymore.
5) Despite being cold all.the.time. I’m still running. I try to be strategic about what days I’m running and how warm it is out (unless a -15 degree day falls on a November Project day, then I’m all about being #weatherproof), but I’m really enjoying getting a good mix of solo runs and runs with friends/NP.
6) You should all do this race on April 18th! If you’re in the area and aren’t doing sole of the city or the north face endurance challenge! My friend is putting on this race for a great cause. Unfortunately I’m running Sole of the City for Charm City Run, but if I wasn’t I would absolutely do this race!
7) November Project PR day was yesterday. I didn’t feel like racing it (Wednesdays have been my day to catch up with friends so Kristine, Lauren and I ran at a conversation pace instead) but we did squat to Sally which is my favorite. No stairs though. They’re covered in ice and apparently that’s dangerous or something.
8) Pro Compression is having an awesome deal right now. The winner will receive a $150 Southwest travel gift card to go somewhere warm (umm you bet I entered). Or wherever.To enter the giveaway, you can either use the 40% off code SOUTH or go directly to www.procompression.com to enter. Two ways to enter and no purchase necessary!
9) In more racing news (I know, a lot going on right now), my friend Sara at Mamma Chia let me know the other day that you can use the code ESEXPO to get $5 off the ODDyssey Half in Philly until Friday! I’m thinking about signing up for it since I’m looking for a good summer half (it’s June 14)… so you should come run with me.
10) When life gets hard, I miss Rhode Island the most. This is the longest I’ve ever been away from my parents (I’ve always seen them about once a month) and it’s hitting me suddenly and hitting me hard. Luckily only 3 more weeks until my mom is in town because otherwise I would probably consider booking a ticket home. Life has been crazy in a lot of ways lately and while most of it is good, it can’t be easy all the time. So I’ve been missing Cassandra and home like crazy this week.
What are your randoms?
People who live in the mid-atlantic region— any good late spring/summer halfs I should do?