This will be a shorter-than-usual post because I’m writing this the night before instead of adding to it as the week goes on, but I figured I’d pop in briefly at least for some Thinking Out Loud!
1) MY PARENTS WERE HERE!!!!!! I feel like I just saw them (I did) but I’ll never complain about them coming to visit. It’s the last time I’ll see them until mid-July because the month of June is pretty much completely booked for me. They haven’t been to my apartment since last fall and they were in a rush to get back to my brother in Delaware, so it was nice to have (almost) a full day with them. I can’t believe they’re already gone. Those 24 hours I was with them were nowhere near enough.
2) I needed help with a few things and we had some other things to do, but it was also a day to just be with them, wander around, eat at some good restaurants, and enjoy a random day off work in the middle of the week. I ended up driving up to Delaware with them later in the afternoon to see my brother before they drive home tomorrow and have dinner with them. And of course stop at the UDel Creamery for some ice cream.
3) While last week I was kind of a mess with a lot going on in my personal life right now, this week I feel like I made peace with everything. No, I don’t have the whole summer in Rhode Island, but I have some really awesome weekend trips planned plus 20 full days at the boat. Yes, KBT is moving in just over a week (yikes) and I’ll continue to give him sh!t about it, but I’m also realizing it really won’t be all that different than things are now. And a lot of unknowns in my life are finally coming together. Eventually I’ll have more to say on this, but I’m beginning to feel much more settled which was a huge part of that anxiety last week.
4) Yesterday was PR day at November Project. I wasn’t going to go but my parents didn’t get here until 9 so I had plenty of time to kill. I usually run it easy with my friend but she’s been injured so I decided to push myself and see how I could do. I ended up PRing with an 11:27 for the 3000m time trial (6:09 pace).
5) On that note, I’m race ready, but don’t have any scheduled until mid-July when I’m home for vacation. I hate when that happens. I might jump into a 5K one of these days because I really think it would go shockingly well, but I REALLY wish I was doing a half sooner because I’m PR ready right now.
6) Last weekend I ate red meat three nights in a row and I woke up feeling better than I have in months on Tuesday morning. I know it’s not technically the “healthiest” form of protein, but my body functions best on it and always has. I tend to eat only chicken during the week but on the weekends I make sure to get enough steak/hamburger into me to get my iron levels back to where they should be. I shouldn’t be feeling that exhausted all the time, and I notice a direct correlation with my diet. Further proof that there is no such thing as a “one size fits all” kind of diet.
8) This week is confusing me. I was out of the office last Friday, came in Tuesday, was off yesterday, and I’m back today and half of the day tomorrow. Every time i have a day off and come back to work, I feel like it’s Monday all over again when in reality I only have a day and a half of work left. The best kind of “surprise.”
9) I have to make some decisions about blogging soon. My self-hosting is up for renewal at the end of June and as much as I love writing and interacting with other bloggers, renewing the site is not worth the cost. I don’t make any money off of this space and I’m not willing to shell out that much to keep it going when I feel like Im barely hanging on to it right now. I’m looking into switching my site back to WordPress-hosted which would be more reasonable, but I don’t know how feasible that is. Luckily I have a few weeks to figure it out/think about it. It would be a shame to give it all up.
10) I’m working at Charm City Run tonight (and Sunday, and next Thursday) and I cannot wait to be back again. Tonight is Ladies Night so it’s a special event and is always a really great time.
11) IT’S ALMOST THE WEEKEND!!!! I have a lot of fun plans going on between bike party tomorrow night, biking in some new areas, the November Project #Bemore_Bmore race, and working at the store. It will be the perfect balance of busy and relaxed so I don’t go stir crazy but I’m recharged for the week ahead. The best kind.
Do you know if it’s possible to switch back from self-hosted?
Do you function better off an unconventional diet?