Thinking Out Loud Thursday seems to be back in my regular blogging rotation. I do like sharing these random thoughts since I haven’t had time to construct regular posts lately.
1) Work has been crazy this week. The end of the quarter in the advertising world is the worst. We were launching campaigns until almost 8pm several nights this week. Thank god that’s finally over. I had to cancel dinner with my brother Tuesday night because we got out so late, so I’ll be making the drive up to Delaware tonight instead.
2) I got weighed for the first time in 3 years. I had planned on being weighed backwards but the nurse had her back to me and asked me to read the number to her. It was a lot higher than I expected and I won’t lie- I was a little upset about it, but I tried to let it go and move on. After a quick text to one of my friends, I felt a lot better. She’s right. I’m healthy and happy with my life right now. That’s all that matters. I don’t feel like I’m the weight I am and while there were definitely almost some tears, I still ate my bagel and hot chocolate on the way to work and carried on as normal. In fact, I actually caught sight of myself in the mirror a few times throughout the day and thought “I look good.” The weight is just a number. It does not determine happiness and there are other ways to measure health. My clothes fit, I eat well, and I exercise regularly. That is enough.
3) This ice cream. I needed it. My old roommate snap chatted me about it a few weeks ago so I made the trek to Fresh Market just for this. Toasted marshmallow is my favorite flavor. It wasn’t as good as I imagined it, but let’s be honest- you can hardly ever go wrong with gelato.
4) A few people have asked me about what I’m going to do if my leg is still bothering me at Runner’s World. In all honesty, I don’t know. I haven’t thought about it much. I had massage #3 yesterday and saw a doctor Tuesday. The doctor couldn’t do much but refer me to someone else but I will most likely be scheduling an appointment with the orthopedic specialist who did my knee surgery in the near future. As for the races, I can most likely make it through the 5k and 10k with minimal pain. Whether or not I run the half is still up in the air. I know i can finish it with very little training, but I don’t want to do any serious damage. It will most likely be a game-time decision. Still time to sign up for 10% off!
5) In order to be ready for these races without actually running, I’ve been putting in my time on the bike. I did a double Tuesday morning (back to back 45 minute classes) at Rev to celebrate the end of my unlimited membership… until I started doing the math out in terms of my monthly income right now. I’m seriously considering signing up for another month of the unlimited membership, even if it is going to cost me an arm and a leg. It will only be until I’m running regularly again, so hopefully not more than a month. I was going to join a gym once my membership ended but I’m not a fan of the class schedules so I’d rather pay more for something I actually like. I’ll have to limit my Kilwin’s consumption because I can’t afford this membership and pay $10 for ice cream regularly, but it will help me keep my sanity during this injured period as well as keep my cardio up.
6) The other day I was brushing my hair and my cartilage hoop came unclasped. I haven’t ever put it in by myself and I was running late for my doctor’s appointment so I threw in the only earring I have. It’s very nautical but kind of awkward looking. My mom’s the only person I’ve ever trusted to put it back in my ear for me and I almost considered flying home so she could do it (kidding…kind of). She’ll be here in about a week so I guess I can suck it up and wear this in the meantime.
7) November Project was a blast on Wednesday. I was so happy the entire time. It was a PR day which is always a good time and we did some squats to Sally and stairs at the end (my two favorite things). I had the biggest smile on my face because….
8) I RAN. For the first time in weeks. I checked my daily mile and it was the first time I’ve attempted running in 2 full weeks, but it has been much longer than that since I was running consistently. I ran 3 laps with a November Project friend who is also injured (I needed someone who would remind me not to go flying when they said go–PR day make me crazy) and then did 1 lap with my NP running buddy and another lap at the end to cheer on some of the other people still running. I felt awesome the first 3 laps and then iffy the last 3. Good thing I went straight to my massage where she
tortured me taped me up. I have bruises on both legs.
9) I have zero plans Sunday. I don’t know what to do with myself. This hasn’t happened in a long time. I feel like I always say that and then end up running around like a chicken with my head cut off. We’ll see. I do know that I won’t be setting an alarm since I’ve been waking up around 5:30 every day this week. Maybe I’ll do something crazy like sleep in until 8…
Favorite flavor of gelato?
Do you like to switch your earrings?