Happy Thinking Out Loud! At this point I don’t think we need any introductions. Most people in blogland know what it’s about.
1) Another crazy week. There are a lot of changes at work with people leaving, new managers taking over, taking on new responsibilities within my department, training the newbies, and preparing for the chaos that is Thanksgiving week. I’m bracing myself for the worst. Usually we’re out by 6:30 (our hours are 10-7) so I’m planning to be done work closer to 9 most days next week. It’s a good thing I like what I do. It doesn’t hurt that there’s always really good food.
2) These days I seem to have a problem staying up past 9:30 or 10. As in, I can’t stay up later if I try. My head gets heavy and I start to feel slightly nauseous. I guess that’s why I’m super lame and am usually in bed before my roommates even go out on the weekends. I don’t know how they put up with me. I’m basically a 90 year old trapped in a 22 year old body.
3) I finally made it to yoga. I’m good friends with the manager of the Harbor East store and he always sends me the invites to events that are happening. This week was a Sweat Stretch and Refuel class. Basically it was supposed to be a 3 mile run followed by yoga and dinner catered by Mission BBQ. Unfortunately the run was cancelled due to the rain and I ate dinner at 4:45 that night (grandma status, I wasn’t kidding) so I wasn’t hungry for the BBQ. But the yoga was great and a reminder that I need to get on the mat more often. Especially since I paid an arm and a leg for it and I’ve used it about 3 times since I bought it last May.
4) I. Am. Going. Home. In. Four. Days. I’ll repeat. I’m going home in FOUR DAYS. I haven’t been home to New Hampshire since July 23 (thank you Instagram for reminding me of that very important date). I can’t wait to sleep in my tiny twin bed, eat lots of my mom’s homecooked food, shop at Vineyard Vines (the only place I actually like shopping at) and sit on the couch watching cooking shows until my heart’s content. For an entire WEEK.
5) Oh, and I can’t wait to get a haircut. It looks like a rat’s nest. I haven’t gotten one in 8 months. I need to find a hairdresser down here so I don’t have to wait until I go home every time. Especially since this is one of the last times I’ll ever be going home to New Hampshire where my salon is (my parents are putting the house on the market).
6) We’re going to Rhode Island next weekend! My yacht club is hosting a Christmas boat parade where people decorate their boats with Christmas lights and sail around the bay. I’m mostly just excited to see all of my friends. Unfortunately, that doesn’t include the dockboys since the marina is closed but my best friends will all be around. Lifeguard reunion. It’s happening. 7) I have a really hard time letting things go. My mom used to constantly tell me to relax or “let it go.” I’m still not good at it. Recently I was going through my phone to make more space and came across some old text messages and pictures. Seeing them was hard (and deleting them was necessary) but it was an important reminder that the past is the past and it’s time to let it go. I got a long pep talk from one of my best friends after about how it is time to move past everything and continue to build back that trust that I lost with new people. Super vague, I know, but it was an important realization for me to have.
8) November Project is the best. End of story. I can’t wait until I’m running enough to get back to Friday mornings. I’m up to 3.5-4 miles now. As soon as I can comfortably run 5 again, I’ll rejoin the hill workouts. This week was another good one, albeit cold. We didn’t stop moving and did about 3-4 miles of stairs, sprints, and burpees/squats. My phone was so cold afterwards that it wouldn’t turn on but I felt great. I’m super excited to be heading to the Boston workout next week though. It happens to be PR day so it’s guaranteed to be a good workout. 9) I have another massage tomorrow morning. I can’t wait to walk out bruised and feeling fresh again. These knots in my calves don’t know what they’re in for. Running is still going well and I feel 100% when I’m actually out there, but afterwards I can feel the knots and I want to get rid of them completely before I start running more than 1-2 days a week. I’m planning on getting at least one a month from here on out.
10) I was nominated for the Top 10 running blogs by Runner’s Blog Network. It was a total surprise especially since I haven’t exactly been doing much running lately, but I’m so honored! Check out some of the other blogs- they’re all great!
Do you have a hard time letting things go?