Happy Thinking Out Loud! I skipped last week because I couldn’t get my act together, but here I am going 4 days strong with posts and have another scheduled for tomorrow! I can’t remember the last time I wrote 5 posts in a row. It’s certainly the most I’ve written in the past 2+ years. Today is all about the rambling though, and I’m really good at that, so that’s just what I’m going to do.
1)THIS WEEK. Anybody else? I don’t know what it is, but it’s killing me. Maybe it’s the excitement over so many big things coming up (LOTS of exciting trips), or because I’m a huge fan of the fall weather and just want to be outside all the time, or the stress of this upcoming move, but if I make it to Saturday it will be a miracle.
2) I hadn’t spoken to my mom since Sunday until I got this email in my inbox yesterday morning. In fairness, the last time she thought she was getting a “good deal” on a Longchamp bag, she bought a terrible attempt at a knockoff from China. But she also bought it on a website like longchampclearance.com or something. #seemslegit. This is why we have the #shitsandysays hashtag. Yes, mom, this one is legit.
3) Yesterday was especially rough. I need a new iPhone but I refuse to pay $25/month for one. The volume control on the side isn’t working and the ringer randomly turns on when it’s supposed to be on silent. So I have the volume all the way down just in case it goes off in a meeting. Except I forgot that my alarm is connected to the volume, so when it went off at 4:52am yesterday, I couldn’t hear it. I just happened to wake up around 5:22 completely disoriented and realized that I overslept and was late for November Project. I missed the epic sunrise but I did make it there at 5:49am, so only 19 minutes late.
4) The workout itself was awesome. I did 30 sections with the 5:30 group and another 30 sections with the 6:30 group. The humidity came back a little bit but I was running on so much adrenaline that I just plowed through the sections and hoped nobody noticed my absence during the bounce.
5) Now that I’m in Boston, I’m finding myself becoming more loyal to local brands. Janji is a brand I discovered several years ago at the Newport half (come run with Kaitlin and me!). My mom loved that it was based around funding clean water projects. My friend Jenna hooked me up recently with one of their singlets and I LOVE it. I also received my package of Tracksmith gear from my PR race a few weeks ago. The shorts are the most comfortable things I’ve ever worn, as are the two tank tops I ordered. I recently transitioned to primarily wearing Lululemon, but these two brands are now at the top of my (out of control) workout wardrobe so they’re the first things I grab. Next up: Ciele hats (although they aren’t Boston-based, they’re big at NP).
6) On the way home from November Project, I had more bad luck. Remember how I fired my dad as my bike mechanic for putting the handlebars on crooked? Well mid bike ride, the breaks completely came undone around the wheel. It’s an easy fix, but luck was not on my side yesterday morning.
7) I am all about the rooftops lately. The other night after dinner I just felt like sitting by the pool. I brought my iPad up to read a book and just relaxed for an hour until I got chilly. Yes, chilly. It’s been forever since I was actually cold. I love the crispness in the air in the fall. As much as I love the bronzed skin and boatlife, fall is far and away my favorite season. It just feels so much cozier. I went up again last night and I have a feeling I’ll continue coming up to the roof at my aunt’s condo even after I move. This morning I’m at a rooftop yoga class with Kyndal.
8) We switched offices just after I started my new job and dogs technically aren’t allowed in the new building, which is too bad because there used to be a dog calendar where people would write down the day they were bringing their dog to the office. One day this week, someone brought their dog in anyways. I’m not a little dog person at all but Daphne is adorable and I kept finding her under my desk.
9) Moving is a nightmare. I’m supposed to have my bed delivered from Jordan’s furniture Saturday but the freight elevator in my new building is only available from 8-1. When I called Jordan’s to specify a time frame, they said they can’t guarantee a range until 48 hours before. So basically there’s no way to reserve the freight elevator because there’s no way to know when the furniture might be delivered. Never. Moving. Again.
10) But I really can’t wait to have my bed back (it’s a new bed, but we ordered the same one I had before because we gave mine to my brother). And a place to put clothes away (once I find a dresser and figure out how deliver it to the apartment). And to not feel like I’m taking over someone else’s space (even though I’ve seen my aunt all of 4 times in the last 2 months). And to have a place to call home (that isn’t my parents’ house).